Dental Botox in Albuquerque, NM
Advanced Cosmetic Dental Solutions
Botox is the trademarked name for the neurotoxin botulinum toxin type-A derived from a specific bacteria. While many know this substance to be used for removing fine lines and wrinkles around the face and mouth, Botox can actually be used to address dental concerns such as temporomandibular disorders, gummy smiles, and so much more.
While a dentist using Botox may raise some eyebrows, it makes a lot of sense; dentists are adept experts in the maxillofacial structure of the face, having lots of training and experience in the facial muscles and bones to accurately treat problems surrounding these regions. Since obtaining Botox is so minimally invasive, its use in dentistry is increasing for the management and treatment of both aesthetic as well as muscle-generated conditions.
Uses of Dental Botox
In addition to treating lip lines, nasolabial folds, and TMJ disorders, Botox has been used to treat various dental conditions. Our dentist can use Botox to assist you with:
- Bruxism - The scientific name for clenching and/or grinding your teeth, bruxism causes contractions around your oral muscles and can significantly damage your dental health. Botox injections can help reduce these contractions to minimize grinding and clenching of your teeth, along with being a useful supplemental to add on to night-guard appliances.
- Surgery Involving Dental Implants - Botox can help relax the masticatory muscles and improve the integration between bone/tissue structure and dental implants, in addition to enhancing the healing process of surgeries overall.
- Gummy Smile - Due to an over-retracted upper lip, the exposure of extra gingival tissue can cause one to have what is known as a “gummy smile.” This isn’t only a cosmetic issue, but also a hygienic one. Small injections of Botox can help limit the over-contraction of the upper lip’s muscles and thus reduce excessive gum tissue from appearing when you smile.
- Facial Swelling Due to Clenching - Chronic or excessive jaw clenching can result in masseter hypertrophy, and this increase in muscle size can be superficially apparent in the appearance of swollen or misshapen jaws. Botox injections around the affected area(s) can aid in reducing the swelling caused by masseter hyperactivity.
- Reducing Certain Orthodontic Treatments - Some patients requiring orthodontic services may also have to take into account deep or crossed bites and chronic clenching, all of which would prolong the treatment time if they happen to have a powerful vertical force. By incorporating Botox into the treatment, the time required to have these orthodontic appliances can be greatly reduced and allow for better comfortability and functionality.
Get Your Dental Botox Treatment Today
Botox is infiltrating dental offices more frequently, and for good reasons. This gain in popularity can be attributed to its usefulness with diminishing teeth grinding, gummy smiles, and relaxing overworked or spastic muscles. With its proven efficacy and satisfactory results, Botox has shown to be a superior adjunct procedure for some of the most complex dental conditions requiring treatment.
For additional information regarding how Botox can help you with your dental issues, call our office at Dental House in Albuquerque at (505) 835-2322 today.
The Go-To for All Your Dental Needs
Focused on Patient Safety & Care
Saturday Appointment Available
Most Insurances Are Accepted
Platinum Discount Plan Available
Top-Quality Care That's Affordable
Our highly experienced team is ready to care for you and your whole family in our new state-of-the-art office. We've got your covered for all your dental needs.